The corona storm will eventually blow over and, as a sector, we will return to doing what we are good at: giving people extraordinary experiences at events. At the moment, we have all been hit hard. But don't get discouraged and prepare for the post-corona era.
Several experts expect a high demand for events in the months post summer. That period is busy anyway, and many requests for postponed events will now be added. Contrary to what we had expected, on eventplanner.net, we also saw an increase in the number of quote requests for the coming autumn. Make sure you don't miss those opportunities.
If you want to be prepared, it is important to take action now and put your marketing strategy in order. And contrary to what you may think, it doesn’t cost money.
You can now take these actions without a budget:
- Bi findable with your event company or venue. That is and remains the foundation. Is your company not on eventplanner.net yet? Create a free business page now (click on the 'add your company' button and choose the free version if desired).
- Make your business page attractive to event planners and clients. Update your businesspage regularly so that your texts, contact details, ... are up to date. Eye-catching photos really make the difference. Uploading photos is completely free.
- Collect reviews. The eventplanner.net review platform is available on all business pages on our site. Reviews direct organisers' choice, just as it has for years at hotels and restaurants. Logical,right? If you could choose between an event venue or company with dozens of positive reviews or one without any appreciation, which one would you go for yourself? You can read more about the importance of reviews and how to collect reviews for the event industry here.
- Place the review widget on your website. By installing the eventplanner.be review widget, you can also convince your website visitors to choose your company. If you have a professional business page, you can go a step further and integrate with our API. This integration also ensures better rankings in search engines such as Google and Bing!
- Post on your business page. Share some successful and inspiring cases. This functionality is only available for professional business pages. Below, you can read how to upgrade now for free for 4 months. Event brands can have meaningful interactions with their target audience through posts. Publish your first post on your business page now.
- Also, give some love to the rest of your online presence. There are opportunities for marketing platforms such as your website, Facebook, LinkedIn, … Put everything together again. Share beautiful cases that underline the power of 'live'. Also, work on your ranking on Google by following these SEO tips.
4 month free business page
On our side, we also want to help event companies and event venues prepare to make a restart of events. Good findability, strong reviews and an up-to-date presentation are essential. eventplanner.net, therefore, offers all event companies a professional listing on our platform for 4 months for free* (*the voucher code is valid until 03/04/2020 and only if you have not previously used a free trial period). Create your professional business page now or upgrade your existing free page from your account. Use the discount code 'WECARE' to start your subscription with eventplanner.net. You can cancel it anytime if you want (you can even do this before the first renewal so that you don't pay anything. Put a reminder in your agenda for this).
We cut the costs on our 'booking tool'
Scheduling all postponed events can be quite confusing. Three years ago, we launched a unique 'booking tool' with which organisers can immediately calculate quotes and consult availability. Thanks to this module, you can offer a quicker help to organisers. The tool is normally paid, but the software will be offered completely free if you opt before 03/04/2020 as long as you have a professional business page on eventplanner.net. Unfortunately, this tool is not compatible with free business pages.
The booking module is ideal for smaller event venues, disc jockeys, bands, small caterers, ... who manage all their bookings using our tool. That is the commitment we ask for. The software is not yet suitable for event companies that use their own booking software.
Our editorial staff is also available to you
Our editorial team is committed to sharing knowledge and advice to get through the corona crisis together. We have consciously made all this content available to everyone free of charge (it will not be behind a payment wall).
We also assist our advertisers with streamlining their communication and sharing positive messages. Without the support of our advertisers, we cannot continue to do what we do for our beautiful industry. It is heartwarming to see people reaching out to us and that new campaigns are being booked within everyone's possibilities. Thanks to all of our supporters for that!