How to use Checklists as a 'project management' tool for your event?
Checklists ensure that you don't lose track of any to-dos for your event. You can easily assign tasks to your team and follow the status in a clear manner. eventplanner.net now makes it even easier for you: we pre-fill the checklists for each type of event so that you don't have to start from scratch. If a certain topic is not relevant, you can delete it or adjust the tasks according to your needs.
To use the checklists, you must first create an event. Once you've done this, you're good to go.
This is how it works:
Create an event
You can create a checklist for every event you organise. This can be done directly from the Checklist page, which is also accessible via the 'event software' link in the header of our website (if you are logged in). As indicated, we pre-fill your checklist based on the type of event you are organising. This way you have the most common to-dos for your wedding, corporate event, festival, etc. at hand right from the start.
Adding a task to your checklist is easy. Click on the green 'Add task' button. You will get a pop-up where you can enter the following:
- Title: state briefly and clearly what it is about.
- Description: here you can enter a more detailed description of the to-dos.
- Priority: Indicates whether the job has a low, medium, or high priority.
- Progress: put the task in the column 'to do' for tasks you want to do in the future, 'in progress' for tasks you are actively working on, or 'done' for tasks that you have completed.
- Category: Select a category for the task from the list. This helps to keep the checklist clear. Is there no suitable category for your task? Then just leave this field blank.
- Date: does your task have a deadline? Enter the date here.
- Assigned to: Here you assign tasks to colleagues so that they can follow up on them. If you don't see colleagues appearing yet, you must first add them to the 'contacts' of the event. Be sure to give them the correct rights so they can see the tasks.
Finally, click on 'add task' at the bottom and you will see that the task is added at the bottom of the list.
Change / delete tasks
You can change a task by clicking on the pencil icon next to the task. You can then edit and save all fields or delete the task with the 'delete' button.
Some tasks have action buttons such as 'find event location'. You cannot adjust this yourself. If you want, you can delete the task and create a new one in its place.
You can quickly place a task from the 'to-do' column in the 'in progress' column by simply dragging the task to that column. For example, you can drag tasks between all three columns when you have finished a task or want to put it back in 'to-do' to pick it up again later.
When you have a long to-do list, it is useful to only see your own tasks or those of a colleague. That's possible! Click on 'filter by contact' at the top and select the person or people whose tasks you want to see on the board.
From your 'kanban' board, as the project methodology is called, where you visualise tasks in columns and follow them in priority, you can now click through to a detail page of the task. You do this by clicking on the title. Write your comments on the task to share additional information or facilitate conversation between team members.
Upload & share files
You can also upload and share documents with your team. With each comment you have the option to upload and share 1 or more files.